Compassionate Funeral Service For Four Generations.
When Otis and Gertrude Hopkins began their funeral careers in the early 1930’s, they founded a family tradition of service that now spans over 70 years.
After the couple and their two little girls moved from Garrettsville, Ohio, to Akron, they established the Hopkins Funeral Home. Gertrude, who had been assisting her husband in funeral preparations for several years, earned her own funeral director’s license in 1938.
When their daughter, Dorla, married Robert W. Lawver in 1949, they both became licensed funeral directors and joined the company, which was officially renamed Hopkins Lawver. Today, their son Ted is continuing the tradition of compassionate funeral service into the third generation. It is this heritage of service and support from the families in the community that has encouraged the Lawvers to expand their services. In 1948, they acquired the landmark Mogadore home, and added the Uniontown location in 1977.
Since then, all Hopkins Lawver Funeral Homes have been serving area families with friendship, compassion, caring, and the delicate touch that is needed during a time of loss.